Thursday, February 28, 2019

Yes, I'm a Music Teacher

I got one more full day of work before the Christmas break, and it was an actual music teacher job! But in the call, it just said Elementary Release Teacher. What this means is that this teacher teaches the subjects the other teachers don't want to, so they can get their required amount of prep in. It's usually gym, music, art, dance, drama, but sometimes it can be science or social studies! You never know what you'll get on these days. After accepting the call, I looked up the website and found out he actually teaches music (and science...but I was hopeful it would be a music day).

I got there, a fairly close school and found my workroom that is shared with other "prep" teachers. The plans looked good. Basically, I'd be teaching the kids to use small glockenspiels all day!! A lot of running around, and this is a confusing school, but it should be fun!

And it mostly was! I got to the first class and chatted with the teacher who was also a supply teacher. Somehow I mentioned the crazy kindie day  and she said she was there that day too, as a kindie supply! And totally agreed it was crazy.

I did have one class, about grade 4 or 5 that was a little "pusing the boundaries". Their class was on the stage and it meant they had places they could hide or goof off.

It was a lot of fun, though by the end of the day, I was tired and had a headache!

For some reason Blogger won't let me add a photo today. I was going to add a picture of the Sonora glockenspiels. They're pretty neat.

No comments: