Tuesday, February 26, 2019

Kindies!!

I went on my road trip, but just prior to going, I was messaged by the kindie teacher from the class I had for the afternoon, with the supply ECE. She had asked if I'd like to come back on a regular basis, she had 3 days in December that needed someone. I said I wasn't sure about the first day because I thought I was getting home on the 11th and knew it could be late. I ended up booking the 13th for her. One day instead of three, but oh well. I really didn't even want to go back after the first time there!

But, the day before that I got another kindie job. Full day, fairly close. Early start school though! I got to watch the sunrise from the classroom. 
 I have to be there 30 minutes before the start time, so don't worry, the kids weren't coming in the dark.
 I love this display on levels. Although, how often do they use this in kindie?

The ECE was nice, I encountered a lot of nice students in the halls too. I was told the school was a square, but it didn't seem like it when I was walking around. A teacher from my kids' school had moved here a couple years ago and I thought I might find him, but he wasn't on the same floor and I was hesitant to go to the lower floor since I kept getting "lost".
I had to work with a small group of kids focusing on initial letter sounds, using these flash cards. The others were simple. N for nest, B for ball. But what was this one?! Rob says "Intelligence". Someone suggested "e-e-e-e-e-" sound that the dolphin makes. Someone suggested "injured Ian" (cause the diver seems to be missing a foot).  If anyone knows, let me know please!!

I love these days that nothing really stands out!

No comments: