Wednesday, February 27, 2019

Music Teacher?

I got a call for another afternoon at the high school far to the east. Why do they keep sending me there? There's 4 high schools right in my town! The job said Instrumental Music, but the special notes said Period 3 in P1, Civics and Careers; P4 is prep.

I get there, and sure enough, I get assigned an "on call". The details weren't great. There was a folder with attendance and what the two different classes were to do. There was also a folder saying "Study Hall" and pictures of all the kids, but no instructions on what to do.

The Civics/Careers class was fine. They were working on a simple poem about who they are. Then back inside to go babysit kids in the cafeteria. A boys fitness (phys ed) class and a math class. None of the boys worked on the assignment. One kid said he just won't do it, it doesn't care about the 5% it affects his final mark. One other kid says he'll use the same project he turned in last year for the course.

Throughout the last half of the period boys were asking to go to their locker or washroom. I noticed after awhile they didn't seem to be coming back. By 30 minutes before the bell, there was only a couple of the boys left. Whatever. It was almost Christmas break.

Another day of feeling like my degree was a waste! But still, pretty easy money for a 1/2 day work.

No comments: