Friday, March 8, 2019

It's a Job

The next day, in the morning, I got a call for the afternoon. Pretty close by--the school I did the glockenspiels at, grade 7/8. I got there, and it was definitely not music LOL.

The teacher had a man cave office at the back LOL. He seemed to have everything. One student came in and was commenting on it and we got joking that he could live there if he needed to. The hammock could attach to the ceiling if you took down a couple ceiling tiles...

There wasn't going to be really any "teaching". It was mainly babysitting while the kids worked on a couple different assignments.

And babysitting it was. A pretty typical bunch of grade 7/8. Some worked well, some looked like they weren't working but still got work done, and some really got very little done. It got loud at times. The teacher was even in and out of the room and told them to get quieter. Didn't matter.

Some days are like this. You're just the adult body in the room to make sure ratios are met. I'm okay with that as long as the kids aren't violent or rude. But I do really enjoy when I get to do an actual lesson. Provided I know what the subject is LOL

No comments: