Thursday, March 7, 2019

Music!

I was excited for the next morning's job. A school not too far, not too early, half day. Music. Lucy has friends that went to this school, and they seem normal LOL. Lucy has good friends though.

Got there, signed in, my shared office was directly off the main front hall and I could hear lots of conversations between teachers getting caught up after the break. It sounded like a nice community!

My first period, I was heading to a gr 1 class. I recognized the name as the younger sister of a boy and girl I knew fairly well in high school. Her brother was the best man, I think, at my brother's wedding. I didn't really know her--just knew of her. And of course, I have a different name now. Do I tell her?

But I got stopped just short of the classroom by a woman who spoke my name. She asked me why I was there, explained why she was there (director of the day care, they have an office attached to this classroom), it's been a long time, how are you...etc.

And I was standing there with my mouth open, thinking...who ARE you? I was pretty certain (before she explained it) that she wasn't the classroom teacher. She looked to be a bit older than me, but perhaps my age. She reminded me of someone! A girl from my grade in high school? A girl that had been in the flute section when I first joined the local band?

I went in the class, and continued my morning. I'm not sure when I remembered--was I still at the school or had I left? Even if I was at the school, could I go back and find her and say, "Now I remember who you are!".

She was the older sister of my ex-boyfriend/almost fiance.

We dated for 3.5 years, though she got married shortly after we started dating. I felt do dumb. LOL. I had seen her at a distance during a concert, a few years ago. Wonder what she's going to tell her family?

I don't really remember much of the morning. I didn't feel worn out when I left, so I guess it was good.

That evening, I got a message from a friend who's also a OT here. He asked if I had been at that school. Why?! When he went to sign out at the end of the day, he saw my name on the line below his! I hadn't even noticed!! And he had even told me a week before or so, that he was going to be at that school. I must have been really out of it that morning!!

No comments: