Friday, March 15, 2019

Triple Prep Again!

I got another call for the school to the north, where I had three preps. I checked the calendar, and indeed, it was the same day on the 5 day cycle! It was a bad weather day, so I left early. And got there super early. And then had an hour prep. I'm surprised I wasn't asked to cover for another teacher. The teacher in the room when I had my prep got there just as the bell rang.

The day went better because this time they were actually working on the assignments they were supposed to last time but hadn't been put in their Google Classroom yet. My morning recess duty was so cold.

Sometimes I feel a little guilty being able to leave right after the day ends. But with a last period prep, everything is done by the time the bell rings.

The interesting thing...I was recently in a high school for instrumental music and had a grade 9 class. One girl mentioned that she hadn't learned much the year before. I asked her the school, and it was this one. I was surprised, because they seemed to have a full instrumental program and band. Looks can be deceiving, I guess.

No comments: