Friday, April 29, 2011

Your Local School Board

The local school board publishes a calendar full of lots of usefull info about the schools, and of course, multicultural awareness.  For example, for the month of May, here is the list of important days:

Wesak
International Day of Families
International Day Against Homophobia
World Day for Cultural Diversity for Dialogue and Development
Victoria Day
Declaration of the Bab
National Missing Children's Day
Ascension of Baha u Ilah
Asion Heritage Month
South Asian Heritage Month
Speech Language Hearing Month

Mmmm.   See any familiar North American "holiday" missing for May?

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

That's a pretty crazy list. When I read this though I laughed because it made me think of my friend that works up north in the middle of no where at a school. She told me about a time when they were asking the kids if they new the seasons. They answered, winter, spring, summer, fall and hunting season. I guess that wouldn't be on any calender here. lol.