Friday, January 18, 2019

A Turnaround

I got a call for a half day, instrumental music, for the day following the horrid afternoon.  Finally, a school that was close by. I knew nothing about the school. It was on the newer side, but that's all I knew.

I got there, and was let in by an older student in a safety vest. Our schools have buzzer entry systems, but usually in the morning, the door is unlocked. However...this school is very close to a large psychiatric hospital which also houses criminally insane people. So maybe that's why? The young man was friendly and polite and pointed me in the right direction. The teachers all seemed pleasant and engage with the kids, though I still felt invisible.

The kids were mainly going to be doing drumming, on various drums available in the classroom. These kids were great. They stayed on task, were respectful of the instruments, and were good audience members when each group performed. Even though I was clearly getting sick now, the morning flew by. I left a note saying what a great morning I had and would love to be back. I haven't yet, but I did get called for the primary music teacher. So, this post is a little boring, LOL, but after the two previous jobs, boring was AWESOME!

No comments: