Wednesday, March 16, 2011

House of Rash

We are a pretty lucky family. We've dealt with developmental delays, behaviour issues, speech and language delays, but we don't have "serious" issues like allergies or more intense diagnosis. What we have had though is many, many, many rashes! Not really eczema or allergies, but illness, both viral and bacterial. Even I had my tough time after my breast reduction! Scarlet fever, chicken pox, cellulitis, unknown....
And now, Lucy has red cheeks. She was a little cranky on the weekend (thought it was due to a sleep over) but on Monday she woke up with red cheeks. No fever, no loss of appetite (I wish, LOL), sleeping well, etc. We figure it's probably Fifth's Disease. Not something serious, usually....

But here's the thing....her teacher is pregnant. In her second trimester, but still....Lucy would have gotten this before coming home for March Break. I'm going to send an email to the teacher, but it's a work email, and I don't know if she'll be looking at those during March Break. I feel bad, but hey, it's not like there's a vaccine, LOL (which I wouldn't have gotten for them anyway, even if there was one!).

No comments: