Tuesday, May 21, 2019

Chip Truck Review: Woody's (Apsley)

I don't know how long Woody's has been at the corner of Highway 28 and County Rd 620 near Apsley, ON. Rob and I were heading up to Bancroft alone so we decided to stop in.

The parking is okay if you don't have a trailer. If there's no room on the edge of the road, keep going up the road to the municipal office. It's not far and you'll want the exercise.

There's lots to see outside, and dogs are allowed outside and they have water bowls. The food set up is a little different though. As you come around the building, you might notice the food shack off the deck. That's the Order Pick up window. You order at a window at the back of the main store building.
 The onion ring price is a smidge higher than other places last year. The burgers are customizable!
I didn't care for the fries. They were good, but I like them done more. Rob liked them. I really enjoyed the onion rings though! Rob didn't LOL. 

The burgers are handmade patties. Not sure how big it actually is, but it's a good size. It was tasty too. Not dry like homemade burgers sometimes are. 

I'd stop here again, if I need a burger. For a quick snack, maybe not. But I'm the odd one out in my family and they like fries like these. Lots to see outside but with young kids it could be a challenge to keep them off the sculptures. Great gift ideas here though and worth a little visit. Local artisans, etc. 

No comments: