Saturday, September 12, 2020

Chip Truck Review--Smokin' Chip Truck

 Rob and I got into Bancroft right at lunch time and he hates showing up at my mom's right at meal time, so we stopped at the chip truck at Kawartha Dairy. It had been renovated but the prices/signs seemed the same, so we wanted to try it. However, despite being noon on a Saturday in August, it was closed.  We headed further into town, to the Smokin' Chip Truck. It's on Highway 62 north, next to York River Meats. It's on the west side of the highway, a bit north of Millenium Park. It's been there forever, but we've never gone!  They have a good online presence, so just Google them for more reviews and better photos LOL.

It was very busy--a good sign. We had to wait in the sun, but there is a little bit of seating in a covered gazebo. The menu is very broad, but our wallet was not, so we just got regular burgers and fries. 

The burgers we got were smaller than elsewhere (such as Woody's, on the way up to Bancroft), but I actually preferred the smaller burger, especially at lunch time. I thought it was quite nice. 

It's not as messy as other burgers, and really hit the spot for lunch.

The fries were perfect! I loved the paper bag, though I'm not sure it's a good idea if you use vinegar. Was there a box inside the bag? I don't remember. They were crispy, but not burnt. Very yummy. I could have had more!!

There are likely better photos of the truck and menu online, LOL, but this just helps me remember in my photos where we were--rather than random photos of french fries. 

Verdict--try them! Although it'll take longer than McDonald's, they are yummy and local and have many options you can't get at McD's!!


No comments: