Thursday, August 16, 2018

Chip Truck Review: Mr GoodChip

Edit to add: The last time I drove along Taunton Rd I noticed this truck was gone. If you know where it's moved to, let me know.


This is a brand new truck in Oshawa and has a lot going for it. Fresh, very clean inside, there's great parking, a Porta-Potty (didn't check it out), clean and new tables with umbrellas. Just no onion rings. Located on the north side of Taunton Rd, between Garrard Rd and Thorton Rd, at "The Barn" next to the big pool store.



I get the feeling he's not entirely committed to the menu yet. That's okay though! Look how clean everything is. I nearly tried the blooming onion petals, but I knew my kids wouldn't eat any so I'll wait for when I'm with Rob. The two sizes of burgers are nice. Oh, I didn't see the coleslaw! You can tell a lot about a food establishment by their coleslaw!


Wowzers. Look at the size of those fries! Thick! And real cheese curds! The gravy was thick and rich. The girls thought it tasted like chunky beef soup, but I think that's a good thing actually.
Halfway down was another layer of cheese and gravy. There was no cheese shortage here!! Which upset Hugh cause he doesn't like cheese on his fries and usually picks around the edges and at the bottom. The cheese was so stringy, it was ooey, gooey messy and yummy. I will say I thought the fries could use another minute or two and most of my testers agreed--even though they like them pale. They were not crispy fries.



Look at how pretty and smooth the table is. The umbrella has solar lights too. Mr Goodchip obviously knows what people want, and it's the little things that can make the experience good. The ambience...well, it's Taunton Rd. You can watch small planes coming/going to the Oshawa Airport, and traffic watch. A little noisy but not too bad. We will definitely check it out again and hopefully he's added onion rings :)

No comments: