Thursday, August 9, 2018

Chip Truck Review: Captain Jack's (Brechin, On)

I'm not sure that is the real name. There was another name on the awning that looked like it might have been painted over at one point, but was sort of showing. It's located at the Foodland in Brechin, Ontario. Highway 12, south of Orillia. For Pete's sake, use some common sense when going here on a busy travel day. Don't try to pull out to go north when all the traffic is coming south on Sunday night.

There were people here when we stopped, so that's a good sign. There was a board with lots of flyers up, a table with toppings, all under the awning, that's nice. It was a bit of a high window though. Good selection of burgers, fish and chips, meal items. However, I added a poutine to the order, and they totally forgot it. It wasn't on the bill, so that's good, but I would have liked to try it. I saw someone else's and I think it had cheese curds.

They have onion rings! Hard to find at chip trucks!


Not a whole lot. I think this is a small and there's probably one missing. I don't think they're fresh dipped but they were still satisfying. I hate the crumbly ones from A&W.

The girls got the chicken fingers and fries. A ton of fries, but only 3 chicken fingers. They were quite large though, and they got dipping sauce, so they were happy. The men got burgers. They said they were very good. The fries seemed good. Of course, I always say they should be done more but everyone else thought they were good. 
The ambiance...in a parking lot, but there were several tables. Foodland there if you want to buy your own drinks or dessert. 
If you go to Google Maps (not sure if my link will work right) and look at the street view, you can see it. You can also see the fog. My ex's extended family all lived up that way and we had many foggy drives back!
And on our way up to go fishing, we found this peddle boat at the Tim Horton's. It was quite large! Adorable!

No comments: