Tuesday, August 7, 2018

Chip Truck Review: " Best in Town"

Often when I ask for new chip trucks to try, the ones at Canadian Tires get mentioned. They always smell good, and are usually busy. Do all Canadian Tires have a chip truck? The two in Whitby do! So one day Megan and I were out getting a father's day gift (at Canadian Tire--how convenient) and opted to do a test--the first of the season. 
 
This is the Whitby south location, on Consumer's Drive. 

I wanted a menu picture, but it was too busy

I believe this was the jumbo hot dog. Megan said it was really good. 

And this was the "poutine". Okay, first up. We all see it. There are no cheese curds. Since becoming a poutine fan, I have come to enjoy cheese on my fries (must also have gravy). So, I don't care too much if it's curds or not. Shredded cheese makes a nice ooey gooey mess that curds sometimes don't (if they're just sprinkled on top).  So I don't take points away. 
It appears that I like my fries more well done than most people. These were almost too well done, but I still found them acceptable. Those who prefer less done, take your chances. I don't remember anything about the gravy.

The ambiance? Well, it's at the front of Canadian Tire, between the entrance and the auto shop. Not exactly scenic. It's not a terribly busy one, and there was shade in the afternoon, so points for that. The worker did not add it up right, $1 in my favour. The sausages did seem to be the big draw, with a steady stream of people. 

I would definitely get the fries here again. Maybe not make a trip just to go there (I do have my own deep fryer), but I'd rather have those than the wimpy things at Wendy's and McD's that are just up the street from Canadian Tire. 


No comments: