Saturday, July 11, 2020

Chip Truck Review--G'Molly's

I had been hearing a lot about this chip truck in various Facebook groups. I really wanted to go, and since Rob was on vacation last week, we headed over for "lunch". I wish it was closer!!!
Check out her Facebook page for up to date info, hours, the menu, etc. Please note that she's cash only.  For those not on Facebook, she's at the north-west corner of Wilson Rd and Taunton Rd, on the east side of the gas station. Fairly easy to get into from any direction.

We got a regular burger (which is also 5oz), small poutine and a can of pop. It came to $14.50. Very reasonable!

Rob said the burger was really good. I had a few bites, and it was. Not dry or overdone. Very tasty!

The poutine was really good. The gravy was rich and flavourful and ample. I wouldn't have minded more curds, but it wasn't like I was thinking there wasn't enough. The fries were on the darker side which is my preference, but also not at all burn or dried out. I just noticed that the gravy mark on the lid, combined with the two cut outs--looks like a cat face LOL.

I have heard great things about her special sauces and seasonings and next time I will definitely try something else. There's no onion rings, but there are plenty of other options. I wish it wasn't so far!

Although there was shade, there was only a little retaining wall to sit on to eat. Be prepared--no shame in taking a chair! I'm going to add some chairs and a knife and fork set to my truck. It'd be nice to cut the burger in half to share. 


No comments: